The Information Storage Industry Consortium (INSIC) is the research consortium for the worldwide information storage industry. INSIC membership consists of corporations, universities and government organizations with common interests in the field of digital information storage. Corporate membership includes major information storage product manufacturers and companies from the storage industry infrastructure. INSIC has its headquarters in San Diego and was originally incorporated in April 1991 as NSIC, a nonprofit mutual benefit corporation.
- Create an information storage industry technology roadmap and research strategy
- Foster the establishment of pre-competitive joint research projects, involving collaboration among:
- users and integrators of storage systems
- storage system and device manufacturers
- storage component and media manufacturers
- suppliers to these companies
- universities and national laboratories.
- Work with industry and government agencies to gain financial support for university-based research in information storage technology